Terms of Service 📝
Last Updated: April 18, 2021
The following document outlines the Terms of Service (“Terms”) of the Sassbook AI website and services. Please read these Terms fully and carefully.
Before using any of the Sassbook AI services, you are required to read, understand, and agree to these Terms. We may update the Terms at any time and without prior notice by posting a new version at https://sassbook.com/terms. The information on this site and your use of it is subject to the most recent version of the Terms posted. If you continue to use the Services, you are indicating that you agree to the updated Terms.
1. Description of Service
For the applicable fee set out in our Sassbook AI policies, we offer a software-as-a-service (the “Service”), which – basically – consists of an artificial intelligence web application called Sassbook that allows you to generate text snippets, from given prompts or prior text.
In order to use the Service, you must create an account (“Account”) via Sassbook web app and become a registered user (“User”). You have to provide us with accurate and complete information and keep it up-to-date. You’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account and you’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
If you are a User, Sassbook AI provides you (subject to your compliance with the Terms), access to its technology. The text data created with Sassbook AI can be used for any reasonable purpose.
Our Terms cover the use of our Service, and are applicable to all its users. When we say, Sassbook AI, ”we," "our," or "us," we’re referring to Sassbook AI Pte Ltd., Singapore, our employees, directors,officers, affiliates, and subsidiaries. When we say, "you" or "your," we’re referring to you, your team, company or persons that have registered with us to use Sassbook AI's services.
If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Service. If you are accessing and using the Service on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity.
4. Privacy and Security
We have taken technical precautions to keep your information safe. All information transferred between you and us, or between you and other users, is shared with us only on a strictly need to know basis only (e.g. to help you retrieve access to your account), and is treated with strict confidentiality.
5. User Conduct
You are solely responsible for your conduct and your data related to the Service. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Us and its suppliers from any and all loss, cost, liability, and expense arising from or related to your data, your use of the Service, or your violation of these terms.
The Software and Service are made available to you, your company, and/or your customers only for personal or commercial use, which use must be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and must not infringe or violate third party rights. Any unauthorized use of any Sassbook AI Service is a violation of this Agreement and certain federal and state laws. Such violations may subject the unauthorized user and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
We reserve the right to terminate any account that we find in violation of our Terms of Service by receiving abuse complaints higher than allowed, without refund.
All content (“Content”) created with the Service is the sole responsibility of the account holder from which such Content originates and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not Sassbook AI, are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, or otherwise create and distribute using the Service. We do not control user submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Service:
- Abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, Sassbook’s name, any Sassbook AI trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Sassbook’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Sassbook’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Sassbook’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Sassbook AI system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, unscramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Sassbook AI or any of Sassbook’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- Attempt to circumvent subscription usage patters by automating the use of the applications, except when such access is explicitly provided by the official Sassbook AI API services subscribed by the user;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Sassbook AI or other generally available third party Software;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Sassbook AI trademark, logo URL or product name without Sassbook’s express written consent;
- Use the Services or Content for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, de-compile, disassemble or reverse engineer or in any way attempt to derive the source code of any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail- bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing;
Although we are not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable, in violation of these Terms or the law. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
Sassbook AI respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) of any person and to terminate in appropriate circumstances Users who repeatedly infringe the rights of copyright holders. Sassbook AI will use reasonable efforts to investigate notices of alleged Infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law and these Terms where it believes an Infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing and/or terminating accounts and access to the Service.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources and may offer integration with such third-party websites or services. We provide these links and integration functions only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such sites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for, and assume all risk arising from, your use of or integration with any third- party websites or resources.
You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
8. Content & Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, designs, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that Users (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
9. Ownership & Responsibility of User Content
As between you and Sassbook AI, you own your User Content - Sassbook AI does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content that you make available through the Services and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, Sassbook AI and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content. You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content, nor any use of your User Content by Sassbook AI or any other users on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
By making any User Content available through our Services you hereby grant to Sassbook AI a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable license to access, view, use, copy, modify, publicly display, and distribute your User Content to the extent reasonably needed to operate and provide the Services to you.
You understand and agree that you share your User Content through the Services at your own risk. Sassbook AI is not responsible for any ownership or licensing arrangements between you and other Team Members regarding User Content, or between you and anyone else that has access to the Service, it’s your responsibility to spell out the rights that your Team Members or the general public, as applicable, have in connection with their access to and use of the Service.
We are not responsible for resolving any intellectual property or ownership disputes between Team Members or between you and anyone else that has access to the Service.
Sassbook AI may terminate or suspend the Service and/or your Sassbook AI account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your Sassbook AI account, you may simply discontinue using the Service. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
11. Warranty Disclaimers
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON- INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Sassbook AI and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content; (ii) your User Content; or (iii) your violation of these Terms.
Neither Sassbook AI nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the services, tools or content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute services arising out of or in connection with these Terms or from the use or inability to use the Services, Tools, or Content, Whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not Sassbook AI has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In no event will Sassbook’s total liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms, any dispute in relation to intellectual property rights in a design or from the use of or inability to use the Services or Content exceed the amounts you have paid to Sassbook AI for use of the Services or Content.
The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Sassbook AI and you.
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”) by emailing us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. As we need to be able to freely work with your Feedback to improve the Services, you hereby irrevocably transfer and assign all right, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights, such as copyrights or trade secrets) in and to the Feedback, including any and all “moral rights” that you might have in such Feedback, and you hereby forever waive and agree never to assert any and all “moral rights” you may have in the Feedback.
You agree that Sassbook AI may identify you or your company and use your company’s logo and trademarks (collectively, the “Marks”) on the Site and in marketing materials to identify you or your company as a user of the Services, and you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to do so on our Site or in any media now or later developed in connection with any marketing, promotion or advertising of Sassbook AI or the Services. If you do not want to allow us the right to use your Marks or identify you or your company you may opt out such marketing requests by emailing us at @ email@example.com.
16. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by Singapore law. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to any subject matter relating to this Agreement will be the courts located in Singapore.
17. Contact Information
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services please contact Sassbook AI @ firstname.lastname@example.org.